Avantha Power & Infrastructure Limited. believes in conducting its business in a sustainable and ethical manner. We at APIL strongly believe in the values institutionalized by 3i individual, imagination & integrity. These values are to be abided by everyone of our team member, under any circumstances irrespective of the business goals that are intended to be achieved.
Code of Conduct
The 'Code of Conduct' is applicable to our Directors and Senior Management in the Company and its subsidiaries. All Directors and senior management affirm compliance with the Code annually.
For Directors and Senior Management ("The Code")
- Fulfil the functions of the office with highest standards of personal and professional integrity, honesty and fairness and exercise the powers attached thereto, with due care and diligence.
- Act in the best interests of, and fulfil the fiduciary obligations to the Company’s shareholders, whilst also considering the interests of other stakeholders.
- Take informed business decisions based on independent judgment and in the best interests of the Company, not influenced by personal interest or gain.
- Respect the confidentiality of information and use utmost discretion whilst deciding its disclosure or dissemination, ensuring that no personal advantage or detriment to the Company results from the same.
- Make available to, and share information with fellow Directors/Executives when considered expedient in the best interests of the Company.
- Protect and use the Company’s assets for legitimate business purposes and be alert to situations that could lead to loss or misuse of these assets.
- Minimise any situation or action that can create conflict of interests of the Company vis-à-vis personal interest or interests of associated persons, and make adequate disclosures, where necessary.
- Act in a manner that will protect the Company’s reputation.
- Encourage reporting of behaviour, which is contrary to the Company’s “Values”, and ensure that the person reporting such violation is not aggrieved in any manner.
- Comply, in spirit and in letter, with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and also honour the philosophy of “good faith”, guided by one’s sense of right and wrong and report any possible violation of law, rules, regulations, code of conduct etc. of the Company.
- Abide by the relevant terms of the Insider Trading Code formulated by the Company, and any other Code that may be formulated from time to time, as applicable.
- Adhere to the terms of the powers delegated by the Board.
- Whilst entering into contracts with Service Providers and Consultants, protect the arrangement for disclosure or dissemination of confidential information.
- Establish processes and systems for storage, retrieval and dissemination of documents, both in physical and electronic form, so that the obligations of this Code of Conduct are fulfilled.
- Raise concerns, if any, on the above issues and report the same to the Company Secretary who shall act as the Compliance Officer of the Company or Chief Financial Officer.
The Board of Directors shall regularly review and re-assess the adequacy of the Code and make such amendments to the Code as it may deem appropriate.